Whatever your business does, having the right signage is essential to promote your company and make you stand out from the crowd.
We are one of the leading independent sign specialist in the West Midlands. We’ve been providing signage solutions to individuals and organisations nationally for over 20 years.
We offer a fully project managed service to ensure you receive the best quality product, service and results, whether you require design work, production, installation or all three!
We are looking for someone to come and join our busy team at Spencer Signs as a production operator.
This job role includes;
- Operation and maintenance of Mimaki roll to roll printers
- Operation and maintenance of Mimaki vinyl cutters
- Pre-flight checks of all artwork before printing or plotting
- Creating print and cut files using Adobe Illustrator/Mimaki FineCut
- Operation of AXYZ CNC router table
- Creating cut files for ArtCAM CNC software using Adobe Illustrator and/or Flexisign
- Liaising with the workshop to ensure all jobs are completed in time
Other responsibilities which are shared with the team;
- Sign making in the workshop (laying vinyl down, assembling folded ACP trays etc)
- Laminating printed vinyl
- Monitoring stock levels and ordering where necessary
- Sourcing and ordering in special stock for bespoke jobs
- Taking in deliveries and checking items against purchase orders
- Keeping the workshop, print room and CNC room clean and tidy
The role is mostly based around the operation of the print room but as we’re a small team the role is not limited to this alone.
The ideal candidate will hold;
- Experience within the signage and/or print industry (minimum 1 year essential)
- Prior knowledge of roll to roll printers and vinyl cutters
- Prior knowledge of CNC router tables (highly desirable)
- The ability to problem solve
- A keen eye for detail
Salary is negotiable dependant on experience.
Halesowen Town FC
Spencer Signs can help your business stand out.
We are proactive, experienced and reliable.